Chemical tank liners and UPF’s Green Initiatives
Fabricating chemical tank liners and working with industrial customers does not preclude taking care of the environment–just the opposite, in fact. UPF has worked tirelessly to engage in several Green Initiatives. Hence, they help clean up not only our own business practices, but those of our customers and partners.
We believe that keeping our business green not only helps the environment, but helps our own bottom line. In that way, these Green Initiatives create a win/win situation where taking care of our communities isn’t just the right thing–it’s the smart thing. These are just a few of the measures we take to improve the business practices of both UPF and our partners:
- Using UPF Trucking’s lightweight materials lessens the weight on truck chassis, allowing for larger shipping loads and increased fuel efficiency.
- Reclaiming cut material in our factories and welding together to form additional sheets, significantly reduces unnecessary waste.
- UPF reginds scrap material with the supplier and recycles for future use.
- Nesting product designs ensures that scrap is kept to a minimum.
- UPF digitizes most job packages, and recycle paper job packages.
- A new eco design enhances pump performance and efficiency by improving tank suction.
- Keeping water and foam waste to a minimum by using color coded tank fill towers, greatly reduces fill mistakes and spillage. UPF also recycles test tank water, eliminating unnecessary waste.
- To avoid wasted electricity, UPF factories exclusively use high efficiency lighting, while our office lights are on motion timers.