Our customers aren’t the only ones we’re dedicated to helping: UPF is engaged in a wide range of Green Initiatives that highlight our commitment to doing business in an environmentally responsible manner. We’ve found that most green initiatives actually increase business efficiency, ensuring that responsible business is successful business.
Keeping business operations green helps to reduce carbon emissions, preserve wooded areas and biodiversity, and keep our air and water clean. Here are just a few of the Green Initiative steps we we have taken at UPF. We encourage our partners to take similar measures!
- Using the lightweight materials featured by UPF Truck Bodies lessens the weight on truck chassis, allowing for larger shipping loads and increased fuel efficiency.
- Cut material is reclaimed in our factories and welded together to form additional sheets, significantly reducing unnecessary waste.
- UPF’s scrap material is reground with the supplier and recycled for future use.
- Nested product designs ensure that scrap is kept to a minimum.
- UPF digitizes most job packages, and paper job packages are always recycled.
- A new eco design enhances pump performance and efficiency by improving tank suction.
- To avoid wasted electricity, UPF factories exclusively use high efficiency lighting, while our office lights are on motion timers.