UPF’s Green Initiative
Environmentally responsible businesses are efficient businesses. Going green can help protect your bottom line while helping mother nature by reducing carbon emissions, preserving forests and biodiversity, and keep our air and water clean.
- Combining freight loads for multiple customers, reduces the number of trucks needed to deliver product which increases fuel efficiency and reduces carbon emissions.
- Cut material is reclaimed in our factories and welded together to form additional sheets, significantly reducing unnecessary waste.
- UPF’s scrap material is reground with the supplier and recycled for future use.
- Nested product designs ensure that scrap is kept to a minimum.
- UPF digitizes most job packages, and paper job packages are always recycled.
- A new eco design enhances pump performance and efficiency by improving tank suction.
- Water and foam waste is kept to a minimum by using color coded tank fill towers, greatly reducing fill mistakes and spillage. UPF also recycles test tank water, eliminating unnecessary waste.
- To avoid wasted electricity, UPF factories exclusively use high efficiency lighting, while our office lights are on motion timers.